Five reasons why I love this 7-minute video about a Wasabi farmer.
- Reason One: a thought process about generations, not just the immediate.
- Reason Two: the beauty of patience in a world that often demands speed.
- Reason Three: the richness that comes from the pursuit of a craft.
- Reason Four: a desire to find out more. For example, I didn’t know that 99% of the wasabi consumed in the world is not actually wasabi — it’s horseradish + green food colouring. Real wasabi is difficult to grow.
- Reason Five: authenticity.